1.11.2012

weekend yummies.

last week at school, someone brought in like a million lemons from their lemon tree. good thing my aide is always lookin' out, because she brought me these beauties from the teacher's lounge.
my first thought was- yay, my second thought was- what am i gonna do with five lemons?? they were already pretty ripe so i knew i had to get going. my problem was... i don't really like things lemon flavored. lemon bars? no thanks. lemon meringue pie? wouldn't be my first choice, or second, or probably tenth. but if there was no other pie, i'd definitely give it a whirl. then it was like pinterest read my mind! someone i follow pinned a lemon- blueberry bread. i whipped it up, and it was the perfect breakfast treat!
i loved that the lemon flavor wasn't too overpowering, it went perfect with the blueberry. but let's be honest, the glaze is where it's at.
check out the recipe here if you're interested :o).

our friends invited us over for dinner on friday night, and i jumped at the chance to bring dessert. i had been wanting to try these cookies, and it was the perfect excuse.
martha's carrot cake cookie sandwiches with cream cheese frosting in between. definitely worth making... and eating ;o).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...